The Strand and Moleskine Present: A Holiday Horrors Contest
This is an open platform contest! All entries must be written or drawn on a Moleskine product. Entries may take any format you choose as long as they relate to the Holiday Horrors theme. You may submit a poem, fictional story, non-fiction essay, illustration, cartoon, photograph, etc.
The theme of your submission will be “Holiday Horrors" - tell us, or show us, the craziest, funniest, most intriguing or interesting stories, or images, relating to any of the things that could possibly go wrong during a holiday season. Be imaginative! Have fun, make us laugh, shock us, make us cringe!
For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• All entries must include a signed Strand Books release form.
Submissions must be legible or they will not be considered.
• Submissions should contain no more than 500 words.
• One entry per person.
• Strand Book Store is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen property related to this contest.
HOW TO ENTER
• All entries may be dropped off at Strand Book Store at the basement information desk; or may be mailed to :
Strand Book Store
New York, NY 10003
• Entries must be submitted between November 15 and December 10, 2012.
• All entries must contain original content.
• A release form must accompany each entry. Download release form HERE
The form must be filled out in its entirety, and must be legible. Any entry that does not meet these standards will not be considered.
Release forms are available in store at the basement information desk and online.
• Entries will only be returned after the contest if submitted with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, with sufficient postage.
• Entries will also be available for pick-up at Strand Book Store between 9:30am-6:15pm from December 16, 2012 through December 30, 2012. Please see Strand staff member at Main floor information desk to retrieve your submission. No entry will be available for pick-up if not clearly marked with submitter’s name, phone number, and email address.
• Winners will be notified on December 13. If no response is received by December 16, the prize will be forfeited.
• All content within winning submissions (1st Prize, 2nd Prize, and 3rd Prize) will become the property of Strand Book Store and may be used in any future promotions and/or merchandise. Original copies may be returned upon request.